Pastor Roger Anghis
June 17, 2012
Stewardship: A way of handling or being trusted to handle the goods of someone else.
Revelation 1:5 “And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
(6) And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.”
We should remember that as believers on this earth we are not natural people having a spiritual experience, but spiritual people having a natural experience. As believers we have a part to play in God’s scheme of things. The truth of the matter here is most of the church is unaware of their role. Most pastors don’t teach what the believers role is because they themselves don’t know what the believers role is. Denominations have not taught it for centuries and the truth of the believers true position has been, for the most part, lost. Churches that do teach the position of the believer are mocked and made fun of, yet it is those very churches that walk in the power of God. They experience healings, signs and wonders just as Paul and the other Apostles experienced as they spread the Gospel throughout their world. We too are to exhibit these same signs and wonders but it will only happen when we know what our position is in Christ and what our role is supposed to be. Adam was told to replenish the earth. In other words, bring it back to its fullness. To accomplish this, the body of Christ has basically two positions, or two divine assignments. One is for vision (priest) and the other is for provision (King). Romans 10
Keep in mind that the role of the king is to fight the battle and bring in the provision. The Priests role is to take care of the temple, receive the vision from God, speak blessings and teach. Both are anointed for their role. The anointing allows a human to do what only God is capable of doing. If you ignore that anointing, as most in the body of Christ do, you will not be doing what is necessary to prepare the world for the return of Jesus. How many Christians do you know that are simply waiting for Jesus to come back. They are doing nothing to help that preparation. They just sit there looking at their watch wondering when He will return. All they do is say “I just wish He would come back and get this all over with. I’m tired of waiting.”
This is not what we are supposed to be doing. We have been entrusted with what belongs to God.
The Earth. God told Adam to be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth. Adam was to make what God had given him increase. Each of us are anointed for what God has called us to do.
Romans 10:12 “For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
(13) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
(14) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
(15) And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!”
The preacher is going to get from God the direction and timing and the move of God and revelation from God and share it with you. As a king you take that revelation into your spirit and it washes you of all the lies that you have been told and gives you Holy Spirit strength to go out to battle the worlds system and bring spoil into the kingdom. You will be able to do this because you will be given wisdom where the world doesn’t have wisdom. In the Old Testament they fought people, but in the New Testament we fight spiritual battles. But we are still fighting a battle and any battle in a war costs something. For those battles, you need a war chest. The priest can not effectively do his job as a priest if he has to act as a king too. This take time away from his time with God. If doesn’t spend enough time with God, he won’t get all he needs to from God to complete the vision God has for that church. Romans 11:29 “For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.” God will not recall what He has gifted you to do. Why do you think Jimmy Swaggart is still preaching? Jim Baker is still trying to minister. Ted Haggard still feels the need to minister. Why? That is what God has called them to do and God will NEVER change His mind about that. All these men are human and were drawn away by temptations of the devil. Jesus was tempted by the devil, but He did not succumb to those temptations.
All of us have a purpose and the devils job is to use your purpose to his advantage. To understand this better, just look at the secular musicians. There are many that have enormous talent for writing songs. A lot of those songs deal with and promote ungodly things. They were anointed to write godly music, but they were draw away by the temptations of the world. Axel Rose used to play godly music, but was draw away by the trappings of the world. Take a look at the terrorists. Their guns and ammunition and explosives all cost money and a lot of it. I don’t think that the terrorists are using their 9-5 to pay for their war efforts. They have somebody that is funneling money to them to keep them supplied. They are a perfect example of what the Body of Christ is supposed to be doing. The kings are to be bringing in spoils so that the priest and the preacher, the missionary and the evangelist can be out there tearing down strongholds and building up the kingdom.
The kings and priests are to act like a married couple, work together to get done what needs to get done. The devils has successfully convinced a good portion of the Body of Christ that the preacher just wants your money and he has also convinced most of the Body of Christ not to give it! He has driven a wedge between the pulpit and the pew so that one doesn’t trust the other. Remember that “the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.” God is going to hold you accountable for what He has called you to do. Through today’s society there is very little commitment, and even less accountability. We have a generation that has grown up believing that everybody else is at fault for what is wrong in their life. They take no responsibility for their actions. I believe that this is a result of taking God out of the public realm. If there is no God then there is no one to be accountable to.
For far too many years the kings have not been told that they were kings and what their responsibilities were. God gifted some men to lay brick, some to run businesses, some to even play ball. Now some of these men are making millions, but they don’t have a vision for those millions. Provision 29:18 “Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.” Another translation says that where there is no vision the people cast off restraints. Another says that where there is no vision the people run wild. A vision helps to keep you on course. A vision helps to keep you productive. A vision helps to keep you persistent. A vision helps to keep you from straying from your purpose in life. A vision gives you purpose in life.
A priest will have the foundation in him to stand before the king and tell him he’s wrong. (2 Samuel 12)That’s what Nathan did to David when he confronted him about Bathsheba. Nathan related a story to David about a rich man and a poor man. When the rich man had visitors he took the poor mans only sheep to feed his friend. David was livid and declared that that man should die. Nathan looked him in the eye and said “You are that man.” Notice what David did, he immediately repented. Notice what David didn’t do, he didn’t imprison Nathan. A Godly priest will confront a king that has made a mistake, and a godly king will repent. I’m going to tell it like it is. I’m not going to give you no watered down version of a Readers Digest three point sermon.
If you can’t take it then go sit in the car. We are going to turn this ship around and get it going where God wants it to go and the only way that will happen is for the kings to begin to do what God has called the kings to do and the priests doing what He has called them to do.
Matthew 25:14 “For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
(1)5 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
God will give you according to your ability.
(16) Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
(17) And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
(18) But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
(19) After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
(20) And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
(21) His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Your promotion will come not from man, but from God. If your supervisor doesn’t want to promote you and God does, He will move the supervisor or He will move you!
(22) He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
(23) His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
(24) Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strowed:
(25) And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
(26) His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strowed:
Notice what he called the servant that did not increase, slothful, which means lazy. That flies in the face of those that say that Christians should not be prosperous. This is an example of what we should be doing, increasing so that we can fund the expansion of the kingdom.
(27) Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
(28) Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
(29) For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
(30) And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
Notice what the Lord said in verse 23 “Well done, good and faithful servant” Proverbs 10:22 “The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.”
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
Proverbs 28:20 “A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.”
The faithful man/woman will be empowered to prosper and that prosperity is to be used for the kingdom. You will get to keep some of it all according to what you give. Give a little receive a little. Give a lot, receive a lot.
Ecclesiastes 5:19 “Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God.”
� 2012 Roger Anghis - All Rights Reserved
Pastor Roger Anghis is the Founder of RestoreFreeSpeech.org, an organization designed to draw attention to the need of returning free speech rights to churches that was restricted in 1954.
President of The Damascus Project, TheDamascusProject.org, which has a stated purpose of teaching pastors and lay people the need of the churches involvement in the political arena and to teach the historical role of Christianity in the politics of the United States. Married-37 years, 3 children, three grandchildren.
Web site: RestoreFreeSpeech.org