Pastor Roger Anghis
May 20, 2012
Revelation 1:4 “John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
(5) And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
(6) “And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.”
I want to say at the beginning that the concept of kings and priests has been lost on the New Testament church and it has been lost for many centuries. The 1st century church was well aware of this concept, but it is foreign to the church today. When teachings that took man completely out of the picture came on the scene, the concept that man had any control at all over his life and environment was put away and almost forgotten. The truth about the born again believers position in Christ as it pertains to kings and priests is being revealed anew. To fully understand the basis of this we need to look at the foundation of this concept.
Joel 2:23 “Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.
(24) And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil.
(25) And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
(26) And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.
(28) And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:”
This is a description of the end times church. You will also notice that God has saved the best for the last.
Ecclesiastes 7:8 “Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.” Christ began to show us how to live a life allowing God to work through us at all times
John 2:1 “And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:
(2) And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
(3) And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
(4) Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.
(5) His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
(6) And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.
(7) Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.
(8) And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.
(9) When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
(10) And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good (best) wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.
(11) This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.”
Glory can be described as the full complete potential of something. The first time glory is used in scripture it eludes to material possessions. In this instance it refers to full potential. A seeds full potential is a tree. A colts full potential is a full grown horse.
Here we are talking about the glory of God. When we became born again, that glory was loaded on the inside of us. Some of us have moved forward with this knowledge and have begun to operate in that power, but for the most part, we have not tapped into this power source as it was intended for us to tap into it. As we finalize this last generation before the return of Christ, scripture tells us that the earth will be filled with His glory (Psalm 72:19). The end times church will be greater and more prosperous than at any other time in history: Haggai 2:8 “The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts.
(9) The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.”
Ephesians 5:27 “That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.” Remember that ‘Glory’ as we are talking about it here carries a meaning of fullness or completeness.
Ephesians 3:8 “Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
(9) And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
(10) To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,” This is saying that we, the church, will be operating in a realm that the world today is not familiar with. Paul wrote about this in 1 Corinthians 2:9 “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” We, the end times church will experience things that no other generation has experienced. God has saved the best for the last.
He will give us new revelation, new insight, new manifestation, and new understanding that some people will not be able to accept. We see a little of this concerning the prosperity message. Many older Christians will not accept this message. Luke 5:39 “No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.” The outpouring that is beginning will bypass many because they will not accept any new teaching. They don’t want to go any further.
We saw this type of thinking in the Old Testament as well. Remember when Israel crossed over the Jordon to begin taking the Promised Land and half of the tribe of Manasseh decided that where they were was good enough and stayed on the wilderness side of the Jordon. Now, I want to stop here and clarify ‘new teaching’. We have seen ‘new teaching’ that has brought death and destruction to people. New teachings such as what came from Jim Jones and from David Koresh.
‘new teachings’ could not be verified in scripture. The
new revelation that we will receive in these last days WILL be verifiable
in scripture. It is very important that we verify all that we are taught.
If we don’t, then we are libel to be duped like those who were
involved with Jones and Koresh.
1 Thessalonians 5:21 “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.”
I believe that we can tell very quickly if a new revelation is scripture based. Isaiah 10:27 “And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.” If a new teaching accomplishes this, then there is a very good chance that it is from God.
Joel spoke of a former and latter rain. The former rain is for lost souls, the latter rain is for the comforting of the curch. Isaiah 61:1 “The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;”
(2) “To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, (and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;”) What we see here is two things, comfort and vengeance. This comfort is for the church. Things that have tormented the church, sickness, disease, poverty and lack, shame and embarrassment will be removed by the latter rain and it will no longer be remembered.
The other subject is vengeance. Remember when Jesus was traveling to Jerusalem for the Last Supper and they came upon a Samaritan town that would not let them stay there? James and John wanted to call fire down on the city, but Jesus rebuked them for it. Jesus stated that vengeance was His. Here we will see the Holy Spirit exacting vengeance on those that are persecuting the church. What ever is standing in the way of you and your completing what God has called you to do, will have to bow.
2 Chronicles 20:20 “And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.”
The plan of satan is to keep the church from ever achieving what God has called us to do. But God will make us a stumbling block for the devil. God will cause us to succeed no matter how much resistance the devil puts up.
Psalm 92:10 “But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.
A new anointing for our calling!
(11) Mine eye also shall see my desire on mine enemies, and mine ears shall hear my desire of the wicked that rise up against me.
(12) The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
(13) Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God.
(14) They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;
(15) To show that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.”
That anointing will be like the anointing that was on Peter. Acts 5:1 “But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
(2) And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it, at the apostles' feet.
(3) But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
(4) Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
(5) And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
(6) And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.
(7) And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.
(8) And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
(9) Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.
(10) Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.”
There will be no more lying in the church. No more getting away with extra-marital affairs for years and years and years. No more making the church look bad. We are seeing a cleansing taking place now in several mega-ministries. God will no longer tolerate the deception that is going on in the church.
� 2012 Roger Anghis - All Rights Reserved
Pastor Roger Anghis is the Founder of RestoreFreeSpeech.org, an organization designed to draw attention to the need of returning free speech rights to churches that was restricted in 1954.
President of The Damascus Project, TheDamascusProject.org, which has a stated purpose of teaching pastors and lay people the need of the churches involvement in the political arena and to teach the historical role of Christianity in the politics of the United States. Married-37 years, 3 children, three grandchildren.
Web site: RestoreFreeSpeech.org