UMBRELLA-LESS PUBLIC SCHOOLS
PART 2 of 3
By Dr. Carl Parnell,
February 20, 2013
As discussed in Part I of “America’s Umbrella-less Public Schools,” the federal government should take the blunt of the blame for the public school shootings in America. Since 1963, after banning God from the public schools, America’s public schools have been failing miserably as the main education institution for most of its student population. But, what would be the rationale for America’s public schools returning to its greatness and glory of yesteryear and what procedures should be followed in order to create a safer learning environment for America’s public school students? That rationale would be the return of God’s spiritual protective umbrella. As a result, the following 23 procedures should be followed in order to get God to return His Spiritual Umbrella of protection to America’s public school campuses. Of course, these procedures would be more successful than President Obama’s 23 gun control provisions. The 23 pro-God provisions are:
• Each school day should begin with Bible-reading, prayer, and the pledge of allegiance to the American flag during homeroom or over the intercom system.
• Students should be permitted to bring their Bibles to school and to read them during free time without the fear of being persecuted by students, teachers, and administrators.
• The Gideon’s International group should be permitted to give free Bibles to any and all students that would voluntarily take one. As the pledge to the Bible states, “Thy Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against God.”
• Each classroom should have a copy of the Ten Commandments posted on the walls.
• All sporting events should actually begin with prayer instead of a moment of silence.
• Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter should be recognized as religious holidays.
• Speakers at Graduation should be permitted to mention the name of Jesus Christ and God in their speeches without the fear of some type of administrative retaliation.
• Speakers at assembly programs should be permitted to mention the name of Jesus Christ in their presentation.
• Administrators and teachers in America’s public schools should stop profiling Christian students as mentally ill and weak-minded, just because of their religious faith.
• Administrators and teachers in America’s public schools should stop the daily bullying of Christian students, since the federal anti-bullying laws apply to all students.
• The curriculum should emphasize the Book of Genesis creation of the earth, this is, the earth was created by an all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-seeing God that always was and always will be, instead of some “big bang,” evolutionary theory promoted by atheistic, secular humanist.
• The curriculum should emphasize that America is a capitalistic nation and that socialism and communism are command-type economies that would be extremely dangerous to a free nation.
• The curriculum should emphasize that students should obey the dictates of their parents instead of the dictates of their government.
• The curriculum should emphasize that students should depend on God to provide for their every need instead of a secular humanist government.
• The curriculum should emphasize that students should be proud to be American citizens rather than global citizens, as most public schools promote today.
• The curriculum should emphasize that U.S. Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land and that any leader who attempts to circumvent it should be impeached instead of portraying the Constitution as an archaic document for the postmodern times, as many politicians and government-controlled schools do today.
• The curriculum should emphasize that true marriage is between a man and a woman, as stated in Genesis 2:24 (Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh).
• The curriculum should emphasize that abortion of babies for convenience sake, not for protecting the life of the mother, is cold-blooded murder.
• History textbooks used in America’s public schools should not lie about America’s Judeo-Christian foundation, as promoted by the Founding Fathers.
• History textbooks used in America’s public schools should not be financed by foreign nations, such as Saudi Arabia, and permitted to promote their religion and their way of life over Christianity.
• History textbooks used in America’s public schools should not begin the chronological history of the United States after the writing of the Constitution, as is used by some states, which would prevent students from learning about America’s colonial beginnings and how the Constitution came into being as the plan of government for the United States.
• History textbooks used in America’s public schools should not portray America’s Founding Fathers and America’s heroic leaders as villains.
• Ultimately, Jesus Christ should be viewed as the “Son of God,” the “Savior of the World,” and the solution for eliminating death and carnage in America’s public schools, since the government-supported humanist gods that replaced Him in1963 has done the exact opposite.
Of course, as would be expected, secular humanists, as well as other non-Christian religious faiths, would buck at using the 23 pro-God provisions as listed above. However, if President Obama wants to stop the murder of innocent children in America’s public schools, he must realize that the federal government in itself has no solution. The only solution would be to accept the challenge of the 23 pro-God provisions, instead of his 23 gun control provisions. In doing so, if he and the federal government permit these provision to go into effect immediately, the same God who won the challenge between Elijah and the false gods of Baal would win this modern-day challenge that would once again return life and learning to America’s public schools.
But, now, in retrospect, why have so many elementary school, middle school, and high school students been murdered in the past fifty years? From the federal government’s perspective, these murderers were mentally ill and deranged drug-users? However, President Obama and the other leaders of the federal government are failing to see the big picture. For example, they are attempting to ban certain guns in America, but they are not addressing the driving force that has caused so many individuals to use guns to murder innocent students. The first culprit that should be considered as a driving force in the murder of public school students is the vast number of violent video games produced in the United States yearly. These video games permit some teenagers who have too much free time on their hands to murder and maim people on a regular basis while participating in violent, virtual reality games. Then, at some point in time, the demonic influences of these games, which are a spiritual problem, take control of the players’ minds. As a result, they are driven to carry the murder and maim into the real world. Hence, the murder and maim of students and adults in America’s public schools.
The second culprit that should be considered as a driving force in the murder of public school students would be the violent movies and DVDs made in Hollywood. After these students watch hours of these blood and gut movies at the theater or in the privacy of their bedrooms, they permit spirits of the dark side to take control of their minds. As a result, these students permit these evil, satanic spirits to lead them down a road of no return; a road that mimics the road traveled by the murderers in the movies that they watched. For example, a recent movie that could be a possible cause for the death of young people and adults in public schools was entitled “Hunger Games.” According to Wikipedia,
The Hunger Games takes place in a nation known as Panem, established in North America after the destruction of the continent’s civilization by an unknown apocalyptic event. The nation consists of the wealthy Capitol and twelve surrounding, poorer districts united under the Capitol’s control. As punishment for a past rebellion against the Capitol, in which a 13th district was destroyed, one boy and one girl between the ages of 12 and 18 from each district are selected by an annual lottery to participate in the Hunger Games, an event in which the participants (or “tributes”) must fight to the death in an outdoor arena controlled by the Capitol, until only one individual remains.
Unfortunately, though, based on the mental instability of many of America’s teenagers, it is extremely possible that one of the viewers might just seek to turn the fictitious movie into a real life scenario at the local public schoolhouse. Of course, Time Magazine’s review of The Hunger Games’ book gives credence and legitimacy to the possibility of such a tragic event happening. It stated, “it is a chilling, bloody and thoroughly horrifying book” that has a “hypnotic” quality of violence. Also, Stephen King in his Entertainment Weekly review compared it to “shoot-it-if-it-moves video games. Therefore, if the book has a “hypnotic” quality of violence, a Hollywood mad movie with all the modern-day special effects could easily influence a bored to death teenager who sees no value in his life to seek a way out. That way out might just be achieved by him by carrying out a fantasy that came about after he saw in a movie on the big screen or his television that incited within him a thirst to kill.
The third culprit that should be considered as a driving force in the murder of public school students would be boredom that teenagers face on a regular basis. But, how could boredom be responsible for teenagers killing innocent young people, possibly in America’s public schools? According to Dr. David Jeremiah in his book entitled Searching for Heaven on Earth,
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
Boring! is the ultimate put-down in today’s society, yet everyone and everything seems afflicted by it. We can never see enough or hear enough to bring satisfaction. Everything ultimately brings weariness and boredom, forcing us to constantly seek diversion
Also, Dr. Jeremiah gives a quote from Michael Crichton’s book entitled Timeline that gives an insight on the negative effects of boredom. It reads,
In other centuries, human beings wanted to be saved, or improved, or freed, or educated. But in our century, they want to be entertained. The great fear is not disease or death, but of boredom. A sense of time on our hands, a sense of nothing to do. A sense that we are not amused. But where will this mania for entertainment end?
Click here to visit NewsWithViews.com home page.
© 2013 Dr. Carl Parnell - All Rights Reserved
Carl Parnell retired from public school teaching in 1999. He taught history and other social science courses for over forty years. He taught middle school, high school, and college level. Carl was a Lead Teacher and Principal of the On-Campus School at Georgia Baptist Children’s Home in central Georgia. Presently, he's teaching at a private, Christian high school.
Carl served in the United States Army from 1968-1971. He also served in the United States Air Force Reserves from 1983-1986, was chosen Teacher of the Year in 1991. Carl was included in the 1993, 1994 and 2007 editions of Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers. He was selected Star Teacher at hes present school in 2007 and published his first book, "From Schoolhouse to Courthouse: Exposing America’s New Terror from Within" (ISBN: 1-58736-613-4) in July 2006.
Carl has completed his second book, which is in an eBook format, entitled "A Brewing Pot of Christian Persecution: America's Postmodern Anti-Christian Crusade." My eBook, as well as over 60 of my articles, can be viewed at FaithWriters. Com