February 16, 2014
hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
"The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite." —Thomas Jefferson
So, Just Who Was Paul Weyrich?
We need to take a look at the close friendship between the grand poobah of the secretive Council for National Policy, (CNP) Paul Weyrich, and Ted Cruz. (The CNP was founded in 1981, allegedly to counter the CFR, yet there were five CFR members on the board of the new CNP). Weyrich was the founding president of the Heritage Foundation from 1973 - 1974. He was also the founder of the American Legislative Exchange Council, (ALEC) in 1973, and director from 1975 to 1978. (ALEC's membership is 95% corporate, along with 2,500 of the 7,500 legislators from every state. This is where state legislation originates. ALEC has long pushed for a Constitutional Convention. The Church of Scientology is also an ALEC member). [Link]
Paul was also a member of The Interfaith Council for Environmental Stewardship (ICES), which amounts to a "green" Evangelicals and Catholics Together (ECT) document, with many involved already having signed the ECT or ECT II or other ecumenical ventures. ECT includes CFR member Dr. Richard Land. Their Cornwall Declaration on Environmental Stewardship, signed by Evangelicals, Catholics and Jews, is an environmental statement of faith uniting these same groups in yet another venue.
In 1971, Joe Coors, along with Jack Wilson and Paul Weyrich, founded Analysis and Research Inc., to establish a political research entity, that being Heritage Foundation. Fellow CNP member, Joe Coors, donated the first-year Heritage budget of $250,000 for 1973 from the coffers of the Coors Corporation and for the next two years gave $200,000. He then pledged $15,000 per month. Coors and Weyrich set up the Committee for the Survival of a Free Congress, which evolved into the Free Congress Foundation, to carry out political activities, and the Heritage Foundation as a tax exempt educational research entity. The Coors company provided Heritage Foundation with $20,000 per month during the foundation's first year. Weyrich was Heritage's president until February 28, 1974.
The Free Congress Foundation Board of Directors included Weyrich, who was an ardent supporter of the Society for the Protection of Tradition, Family and Property and Charles Moser, an editorial adviser to a publication that praises the Nazi Waffen SS. Weyrich, who for years represented the political interests of the Coors family in Washington, DC, sponsored the work of a convicted Nazi collaborator, Laszlo Pasztor, a Hungarian-American who was employed at Free Congress Foundation. The Heritage Foundation, funded by Richard Mellon Scaife and the Coors family, co-sponsored a 1989 forum with a pro-Nazi group, the Anti-Bolshevik Bloc of Nations. Jeff, Holly and Peter Coors were members of the secretive Council for National Policy board of governors in 1988 -- along with a former Indiana Ku Klux Klan leader, supporters of the apartheid government of South Africa, and Christian Reconstructionists, who call for the execution of homosexuals, adulterers and blasphemers.
Laszlo Pasztor, a convicted Austrian Nazi collaborator whose Coalitions of the Americas was housed as a subsidiary in the Free Congress Foundation, (the political arm of Heritage.) Pasztor was Weyrich’s right hand man and a former leader of the pro-Nazi Arrow Cross organization in Hungary which had collaborated with Hitler’s Reich. He only spent two years in prison for his Arrow Cross activities before coming to the U.S. Pasztor was responsible for executing homosexuals and Jews during a German extermination effort.
In the 1970s, Weyrich and Coors made appointments and set up political contacts on Capitol Hill for one Franz Joseph Strauss, Bavarian head of state, who helped émigré Nazi collaborators. Another fascist, Roger Pearson, writer and organizer for the Nazi Northern League of Northern Europe, joined the editorial board of Policy Review (Heritage’s monthly publication) in 1977. Pearson’s racialist theories are still circulated worldwide by neo-Nazi and white supremacist organizations. Pearson was a recipient of white supremacist and pro-eugenics, Pioneer Fund grants to the tune of a million dollars. One of the funds founders was former Senator Jesse Helms, 33rd degree mason, and Council for National Policy charter member.
Richard Mellon Scaife, (Chase Mellon Bank) and heir of the Carnegie-Mellon fortune, has been on the board of trustees of Heritage since 1985, and the Sarah Scaife Foundation has donated more than $16 million to Heritage, and initially funded them with $900,000 to get Heritage up and running.
There were other financiers of Heritage, Amoco, General Motors, Chase Manhattan Bank (through David Rockefeller) and Olin and Bradley, a right-wing foundation. Edwin Feulner was recruited in 1977 by Richard Mellon Scaife to become Heritage president. One must remember that Scaife funds both sides of the aisle and is a strong pro-abort and proponent of taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood. [Link]
Heritage's Richard Allen (Council for National Policy and Council on Foreign Relations member) first proposed the idea of creating a North American free trade zone from the Yukon to the Yucatan. In Charlotte Iserbyt's recent article on Heritage Foundation, she states,
"What we are looking at now in education is a result of NAFTA which got the ball rolling in the development of work force skills standards by the National Skills Standards Board, endorsed by the U.S. Labor Department Secretary’s Commission on Achieving Necessary Skills (SCANS) This study originated under Labor Secretary Elizabeth Dole in 1990 and eventually led to the School-to-Work Opportunities Act and the dumbing down of American education curriculum for workforce training."
And from education researcher, Chey Simonton's article on the Rockefeller/Heritage Connection, she states,
"The top men of the Heritage Foundation, first Weyrich, then Ed Feulner, and now Jim DeMint, with the trust and cooperation of masses of sincerely committed conservatives have been in a position to further elitist Rockefeller goals. Along with radical World Government advocate, Walter Hoffman of the World Federalist Association, they participated on the 16 member U.S. Commission on Improving the Effectiveness of the United Nations. Working with the US Information Agency, Feulner also participated in facilitating the infamous 1985 US-Soviet Education Technology and Cultural Exchange Agreement. Soviet pedagogy, based on behavioral conditioning for a compliant collective labor force, is a dream come true for the dozens of multinational corporations funding all the think tanks promoting American education reform. The humanist Carnegie Foundation, a century-long collaborator with Rockefeller philanthropy, facilitated the Soviet side of this Exchange Agreement."
Heritage's communist connections, were established rapidly after the historic meeting between Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev at the 1985 Geneva Summit. Feulner was appointed by Reagan as chairman of the U.S. Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy. The Commission was responsible for expediting a signed Soviet/US Education Agreement. The Soviet polytech work force training system has been implemented in American government schools with students being tracked into specific training at an early age to suit the needs of the corporate fascist global economy.
At the same time, note that Heritage founder, Paul Weyrich, once served as advisor to former Russian President Boris Yeltsin.
Both Feulner and Weyrich were also involved with other powerful players and shadowy figures, some from the right and some from the left. They have been included in groups formed to reinvent the UN, supposedly to face the 21st century. It is becoming more and more evident that Weyrich and Feulner were in fact organizing a tight group that represented the merger of right and left, which we have seen over the past 65 years. Ted Cruz was a very close friend of Paul Weyrich, and in March of 2013, Cruz was the guest speaker at Coalitions for America’s Weyrich Awards Dinner, named for the late conservative icon, Paul Weyrich.
CNP member Ed Feulner took over Heritage Foundation leadership with a nomination from Richard Mellon Scaife who is still a Heritage board member. When Fuelner recently retired, former neo-conservative Senator, Jim DeMint, replaced him as president. DeMint continues the Heritage agenda.
In March of 1987, Paul Weyrich wrote an article entitled, A Conservative's Lament, which appeared in the Washington Post. He stated in that article, "We need some type of shadow government, in which leaders and top advisors can be identified and developed, and through which our politics can be better focused on policy choices. The world is a professional league, and we cannot win fielding amateur teams." Obviously, we have this "shadow government" in the Council on Foreign Relations. One wonders who is grooming Ted Cruz.
When we look at Ted Cruz, we must look at not only who supports him, but who his friends are, both past and present. Of course there is guilt by association that cannot be dismissed because Cruz is a politician. My momma always told me, "You are known by the company you keep," or "If you lay down with dogs, you'll get up with fleas." So, let's look at all of Cruz's associations, both past and present, including his marriage.
The Money and Groups Behind Cruz
Here are the top 20 contributors to the Leadership PAC for Senator Cruz. [Link] And here are the top 20 contributors to his Campaign Committee (note Goldman Sachs). [Link] Here is a short list of those who endorsed Ted Cruz for Senate. [Link]
• Club for Growth (CFG) was founded by Steve Moore, who is on the editorial board of the WSJ, owned by CFR member, Rupert Murdoch. He has been paid to promote policies for the Koch funded Americans for Prosperity. David Koch is a member of the globalist Aspen Institute, whose former director was none other than Maurice Strong, of UN Agenda 21 fame. Moore is also an American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) "scholar" as of 2011. On August 4th, 2011, he spoke at a Shell Oil-sponsored plenary session of the 38th Annual ALEC Meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana, along with fellow ALEC "scholar" Arthur B. Laffer. ALEC is a corporate bill mill. It is not just a lobby or a front group; it is much more powerful than that. Through ALEC, corporations hand state legislators their wish lists to benefit their bottom line. Corporations fund almost all of ALEC's operations. ALEC has lobbied for a Constitutional Convention for decades. Club for Growth's leadership council reads like a who's who of the neo-con right. Moore has also served at the Heritage Foundation and as committee staff to pro-amnesty former Rep. Dick Armey, original founder and co-chair of FreedomWorks. In December of 2004, then CFG President, Steve Moore, left his position after accusations that he, and/or members of his new organization, the Free Enterprise Fund, had taken CFG's donor and mailing lists. Though there were threats of legal action, nothing came of the accusations.
• FreedomWorks super Pac - In 2003, former Congressman Dick Armey, charter member of the secretive Council for National Policy, became co-chairman of Citizens for a Sound Economy, who, in 2004, merged with Empower America to become FreedomWorks. In 2004, Citizens for a Sound Economy split into two new organizations, with Citizens for a Sound Economy being renamed as FreedomWorks, and Citizens for a Sound Economy Foundation becoming Koch's Americans for Prosperity. After Dick Armey (co-author of the Contract for America in 1994) left FreedomWorks in the fall of 2012, Matt Kibbe became president and CEO of FreedomWorks, Inc. Kibbe is a tea party architect, former chief economist for the Republican National Committee and policy analyst for Citizens for a Sound Economy. [Link]
Empower America was founded in 1993 by high stakes gambler and former Drug Czar William Bennett, who was Education Secretary under Reagan when the 1985 and 1988 US-Soviet education exchanges and treaties were signed, as well as implementing the Soviet quota system; former Secretary of HUD Jack Kemp (charter CNP member); former UN Ambassador Jeanne J. Kirkpatrick (CFR, TC); and former Representative Vin Weber, CNP/CFR member and co-director of the globalist Aspen Institute's Domestic Strategy Group. [Link] Charlotte Iserbyt exposed Bill Bennett for his purposeful destruction of education as she worked under T. H. Bell in Reagan's education department. Bennett continued all of Bell's socialist/communist policies, especially OBE and the Pavlov/Skinner training method. Regarding Bennett's role in U.S./Soviet education agreements, he wasn't overtly involved, but he, when asked by Malcolm Lawrence about the agreements, responded "I'm not in that loop." [Link]
Empower America was largely filled with Council for National Policy members, CFR members, Trilateralist members, as well as Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church members such as Josette Shiner Sheeran, now Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme.
• Edwin Meese, former Attorney General, and Chief of Staff for Reagan-Bush, Heritage Foundation staff member, (see Chey Simonton's Rockefeller/Heritage Connection).
• Tom Coburn - close friend of Obama, and supporter of neo-con, Alan Keyes. Coburn is affiliated with a religious organization called The Family. He previously lived in one of The Family's Washington, D.C. dormitories with then-Senator John Ensign, another Family member and longtime resident of the C Street Center who admitted he had an extramarital affair with a staffer in 2009. The announcement by Ensign of his infidelity brought public scrutiny of The Family and its connection to other high-ranking politicians, including Coburn. Hillary Clinton is also a member. [Link], [Link]
• Former Senator Jim DeMint, now President of neo-conservative, Heritage Foundation [Link] DeMint is also a member of Doug Coe's secretive, "The Family."
• Representative Pat Toomey, newly pro-gun control with heavier background checks. Senator Pat Toomey attempted to amend the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) to strengthen religious protections, but when his amendment was shot down 55-43, he actually voted for ENDA anyway.
Subscribe to NewsWithViews Daily E-Mail Alerts!
• Sarah Palin, McCain supporter, former Palin aide was on Soros payroll. Her staff all came recommended from John McCain. Palin believes in and signed bills promoting "climate change" legislation while governor of Alaska. [Link] Alaska is also a total sanctuary state for illegal aliens, including while Palin was Governor.
In Part 3, we'll take a look at Senator Cruz's ties to the phony Christian right, as well as his family's questionable affiliations.
© 2014 Kelleigh Nelson - All Rights Reserved
Kelleigh Nelson has been researching the Christian right and their connections to the left, the new age, and cults since 1975. Formerly an executive producer for three different national radio talk show hosts, she was adept at finding and scheduling a variety of wonderful guests for her radio hosts. She and her husband live in Knoxville, TN, and she has owned her own wholesale commercial bakery since 1990. Prior to moving to Tennessee, Kelleigh was marketing communications and advertising manager for a fortune 100 company in Ohio. Born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, she was a Goldwater girl with high school classmate, Hillary Rodham, in Park Ridge, Illinois. Kelleigh is well acquainted with Chicago politics and was working in downtown Chicago during the 1968 Democratic convention riots. Kelleigh is presently the secretary for Rocky Top Freedom Campaign, a strong freedom advocate group.