AMERICAN WORKERS MUST PRESS FOR E-VERIFY
July 14, 2011
Colorado Senators Mark Udall and Michael Bennett possess the worst records on illegal and legal immigration in the United States: F- according to Roy Beck at www.NumbersUSA.org . However, more than likely, your own senators probably brag about their F- marks, too. Check for yourself. Once you see how your own elected Congress critters screw you at every juncture, please join Beck’s 1.1 million members and become a powerful force to stop the abuse of the American worker.
Between eight and ten million illegal aliens hold down full time jobs inside America. You can stop them and their illegal alien employers.
“Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) has introduced new legislation in the U.S. Senate that would require all employers in the United States to use E-Verify,” said Beck. “Sen. Grassley is the Ranking Member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which oversees immigration policy in the Senate. He also sits on the Subcommittee on Immigration, Refugees and Border Security. Sen. Grassley's bill would make the E-Verify program permanent and would require all employers to use the system within 12 months of enactment.”
"E-Verify has already proven effective in combating the hiring of illegal aliens. It’s a simple tool for employers who want to comply with the law in a digital age when sophisticated, fraudulent documents are just the stroke of a computer key away," Senator Grassley said. "This legislation allows us to hold employers accountable while giving them the tools needed to abide by the law in their hiring practices."
Sen. Grassley's bill would:
Makes permanent the E-Verify program that was created in 1996;
• Makes E-Verify mandatory for all employers within one year of date of enactment;
• Clarifies that federal contractors and the Federal Government (executive and legislative branches) must use it, and allows the Secretary to require “critical employers” to use it immediately;
• Increases penalties for employers who don’t use the system or illegally hire undocumented workers;
• Reduces the liability that employers face if they participate in E-Verify when it involves the wrongful termination of an individual;
• Allows employers to use E-Verify before a person is hired, if the applicant consents;
• Requires employers to check the status of existing employees within 3 years;
• Requires employers to re-verify a person’s status if their employment authorization is due to expire;
• Requires employers to terminate the employment of those found unauthorized to work due to a check through E-Verify;
• Helps ensure that the Social Security Administration catches multiple use of Social Security numbers by requiring them to develop algorithms to detect anomalies;
• Amends the criminal code to make clear that defendants who possess or otherwise use identity information not their own without lawful authority and in the commission of another felony is still punishable for aggravated identity fraud, regardless of the defendant’s “knowledge” of the victim;
• Establishes a demonstration project in a rural area or area without internet capabilities to assist small businesses in complying with the participation requirement; and Provides an offset to pay for any upgrades or expenses required by the legislation using unobligated funds from various departments.
Please send your U.S. Senator(s) a fax and urge him/her to support this legislation. Check at www.NumbersUSA.org to find out your Congress critters’ phone number, address and fax number. It’s quick, easy, free and effective.
The following two videos should scare the heck out of you:
In a five minute astoundingly simple yet brilliant video, “Immigration, Poverty, and Gum Balls,” Roy Beck, director of www.numbersusa.ORG, graphically illustrates the impact of overpopulation. Take five minutes to see for yourself:
“Immigration by the numbers—off the chart” by Roy Beck
This 10 minute demonstration shows Americans the results of unending mass immigration on the quality of life and sustainability for future generations: in a word “Mind boggling!”
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
Ten year moratorium on all immigration. We do not need any more immigrants
for any reason whatsoever. Maximum of 100,000 annually after moratorium
and only if they speak English and benefit America.
2. Enforce that English is the only official language in America and that all persons must be able to write, read and speak it before gaining a driver’s license or any other official welfare, food stamps and medical care.
3. Enforce E-Verify to employ only American workers in all jobs at a living wage.
4. No more birthright citizenship whatsoever.
5. You can think of a few more. Write to me for suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Listen to Frosty Wooldridge on Wednesdays as he interviews top national leaders on his radio show "Connecting the Dots" at www.themicroeffect.com at 6:00 PM Mountain Time. Adjust tuning in to your time zone.
� 2011 Frosty Wooldridge - All Rights Reserved