$12 BILLION FOR THEM, 1.5 MILLION HOMELESS FOR US
June 16, 2011
Does anyone possess a clue as to why our U.S. government spends $12 billion every 30 days in Afghanistan and Iraq while 1.5 million of our citizens remain homeless and 13.4 million American children live in poverty?
“There are 770,000 homeless children enrolled in public education systems,” said a spokesperson at Homeless Support Network. www.homelessus.org
“On any given night there are 100,000 homeless veterans,” said the spokesperson at Homeless Support Network. “At least 3.5 million Americans experience homelessness each year.”
What doesn’t add up here? Answer: just about everything!
Our government has forced those two bogus wars upon our soldiers with terrible death and injury tolls for the past 10 years. Is it possible that they are not winning on purpose or that they can’t win because these wars are unwinnable? Does that make sense? Does it show rational thinking on the part of the military to urge President Obama to continue military operations in those two sandbox, backward and poverty stricken countries? If we can’t win in Afghanistan in 10 years in a country that doesn’t have a single tank, war plane or radar unit—what’s the point?
How can the government force taxpayers to pay $12 billion for two inane wars every month while millions of our citizens live in poverty?
With millions suffering in America, wouldn’t it make more sense to spend $12 billion a month on our own people? Wouldn’t it make sense to pull them out of poverty by offering housing, education and job training?
Exactly what is being accomplished in Iraq and Afghanistan? Answer: absolutely friggin’ nothing!
Bin Laden died several months ago. Muslim terrorists can train in a dozen other countries besides Afghanistan. Let’s face it; Muslims terrorists train inside the United States at this moment—thanks to our idiot Congress importing 100,000 Muslim immigrants annually. Ask the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Holland, Norway, Sweden, Germany and Denmark about their rapes, bombings, cultural disruption, honor killings and female genital mutilation results with Muslim immigrants.
How could that $12 billion spent on war be used to aid 13.4 million American children? Answer: schools, supplies, food, clothing, tutors and support! The latest news reports show that less than 18 percent of our students know the identity of President Abraham Lincoln. They do not know the three branches of government. They don’t know their own senators from their states. But they can “sex-text” while they’re driving 70 miles per hour down the expressway!
Key points on homelessness:
It’s caused because people cannot procure a job of any kind. They can’t earn money. They cannot support themselves.
• The nation’s homeless population increased by approximately 20,000 people from 2008 to 2009 (3 percent increase). There were also increased numbers of people experiencing homelessness in each of the subpopulations examined in this report: families, individuals, chronic, unsheltered.
• A majority – 31 of 50 states and the District of Columbia - had increases in their homeless counts. The largest increase was in Louisiana, where the homeless population doubled.
• Among subpopulations, the largest percentage increase was in the number of family households, which increased by over 3,200 households (4 percent increase). Also, the number of persons in families increased by more than 6,000 people (3 percent increase). In Mississippi, the number of people in homeless families increased by 260 percent.
• After population reductions from 2005 to 2008, the number of chronically homeless people in the country remained stagnant from 2008 to 2009, despite an 11 percent increase in the number of permanent supportive housing units.
• Nearly 4 in 10 were living on the street, in a car, or in another place not intended for human habitation. In Wisconsin, twice as many people experienced homelessness without shelter in 2009 as did in 2008.
Could it be that we need to offer jobs to 14 million Americans rather than keep China’s people working as they sell us everything we buy from “Free trade” agreements brought to us by our U.S. Congress?
My point is this: we suffer enough problems in our own country to fill Lake Superior. But we ignore them to battle camel jockeys and goat herders in two countries 10,000 miles away. We suffer 14 million unemployed and 43 million subsisting on food stamps while we blast away and march over two backward countries that don’t want us there in the first place. We create more terrorists than we are killing.
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
I am sick of the irrational actions of 535 Congress critters and a lame-duck president. I am sick of our government continuing ridiculous actions that benefit no one and cause much harm in the world. I am sick of Weiner-gate, Arnold-gate, Clinton-gate, Spitzer-gate and the next scandal that rises out of the pond scum in Washington DC.
Is there any chance our government would or could function with rational thought, a clear plan and logical actions toward solving our problems here in America?
I won’t hold my breath.
Listen to Frosty Wooldridge on Wednesdays as he interviews top national leaders on his radio show "Connecting the Dots" at www.themicroeffect.com at 6:00 PM Mountain Time. Adjust tuning in to your time zone.
© 2011 Frosty Wooldridge - All Rights Reserved