U.S. NATIONAL VISION AND STRATEGIC PLAN
March 3, 2008
If you drive at night with no lights, you may end up in the middle of nowhere or plastered around a tree! If you build a house with no blueprint, you may find the toilet centered in the dining room. Yuck!
If you play a football opponent, you need a game plan. If you cook dinner for 10, you need a menu. If you go on vacation, you need a check-list and plan.
Today, the president and leaders in Congress fail to plan for the future of the United States of America. Instead, they govern by helter-skelter responses to every crisis.
For example, hydrologists and developers knew that Lake Lanier, Georgia could not continue to provide water for unending growth in the Atlanta area. Yet, they encouraged growth. Result? Today, they cannot provide water for over five million residents. Action? They want to move Georgia’s border two miles north so they can tap into the Tennessee River for more water.
How stupid is that? Pretty friggin’ stupid! Why? It solves nothing. It pushes growth problems onto the next generation. Demographic experts predict Georgia will grow from 8.5 million to 16.4 million! Will they stop adding homes? Take a guess!
Another example: presidents and Congressional reps ignored illegal immigration pouring into America for three decades. Today, it’s inundating this country with diseases, tax fraud, forged IDs, lawlessness, overwhelmed schools, hospitals and our prisons. It boils across the land with the world’s greatest drug distribution network that affects countless communities.
If you look anywhere in our national leadership today from governors, to senators, and to the House representatives--no one provides a national plan for a sustainable or viable future.
What does that mean to you and what should we do?
Simple, and elegant – we have no plans, but we need:
- National Vision to infinity – today to 100 years from now
- Strategic Plan - the Year-2017 –Ten year plan
- Tactical Plan - the Year-2012 – Five year plan
We citizens must take the throttle, stop the train – put everything on hold – and come together, independent of race, color, creed, national origin, or political party, to behave responsibly and author a U.S. National Vision--complete by September 2008, U.S. National Strategic Plan--complete by April 2009, and a U.S. National Tactical Plan-- complete by November 2009.
1. Economists tell us Iraq will cost $3 trillion. Long term projection—over $5 trillion! No more denial – pride goeth before the fall. We must stand tall, save ourselves and admit our stupidity in Iraq. We must ask the U.N. to declare and enforce a truce, while we withdraw, our remaining soldiers intact – publicly vowing to "never do that again." Each and every one of us owns a piece of that imperialist emotional morass. “Weapons of Mass Destruction” my rear end!
2. We must restore credibility: place citizen-taxpayers first – take control of our international borders and ports-of-entry – to protect our sovereign nation.
A. During the period 2008 – 2015, seven years, temporary, our president must order the best-abled and most savvy-experienced to control our most leaky borders.
i. Department of Defense--USMC on our southern border, while their 'cousins,' the U.S. Navy SeaBees, construct a world class, humane security-fence (synergistic physical-electronic) – just like they have done for our worldwide submarine bases. This is a porous see-through, neighborly, fence.
ii. DoD-USA (Army) and Coast-Guard on our northern border.
iii. DoD-USN guarding our beaches and seaports, working side-by-side with the DoD-USCG, permanently reassigned from the Department of Homeland Security fiasco.
B. Re-invent DHS: During the period 2008 – 2011, three years, our president must order the U.S. DHS to shift into "reduced-ops mode" while they re-invent themselves, to eliminate the corruption and criminal attitudes from FEMA, ICE, and other agencies. The DOJ-FBI, DoD Army Corps of Engineers, and the 50-state governors will work arm-in-arm together to perform the necessary duties to augment the new National Border Integrity Force to perform the tasks once done by the old "homeland security" forces.
i. As we "re-invent" ourselves, we MUST implement a 10 year moratorium on all immigration.
ii. The current DHS Secretary shall resign, with honor, just after he and the President disestablish the DHS forever.
iii. The President will create a new Cabinet-level position, entitled the U.S. Immigration CEO, to;
a. Create the first-ever “U.S. National Immigration Strategic Plan,” and a "U.S. National Immigration Vision" statement to scope that plan.
b. Author the first-ever "U.S. Immigration Tactical Plan," to carry out the near-term pieces of the Strategic Plan and Vision, as above.
c. Direct new lines-of-control for each and every immigration and immigration-related function now housed within the Departments of State, Labor, Commerce, Homeland Security, etc. Order and enforce arms-length distances from organizations such as the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
d. Reassign the U.S. Bureau of Census from the Department of Commerce to henceforth report to a totally unbiased and unaffiliated entity. Direct the Census experts to work tirelessly with NFP-NGO groups such as Pew and the CIS – on the creation and maintenance of the aforementioned National Plans, checks, and balances.
e. The DoD, assisted by the DOJ-FBI, will issue and police all immigration documents during the interim 10 years period.
C. Sub-contract all document processing to CitiBank or a similar high-integrity, secure corporation, to include issuance of a "fraud-proof" personal-ID card to each and every immigrant – and collection of 10-finger prints, DNA tags and two mug-shots. All data automatically up-loaded to federal DOJ-FBI NCIC & AFIS data files for automatic comparison and automated "suspect nomination" for those with criminal-alien records.
D. During the seven-year period, the U.S. Marshal Service, assisted by the DOJ-FBI, will work in the CONUS interior to vigorously enforce all existing Immigration Laws (Title 8, USC – etc), emphasizing errant employer behaviors first, and errant illegal immigrants second. Arrest, prosecute and jail employers of illegal aliens. Attrition through enforcement!
3. Preservation of Law-and-Order at all times and at all levels of government in the U.S. must be restored. We are the UNITED States of America. Our law-enforcement and justice-system officers, in the shadow of the U.S. National Flag, take a pledge to honor their country first and foremost.
4. The President and the U.S. Congress shall work closely and cooperatively together to write a law to properly interpret the 14th Amendment, and put an abrupt end to the blatant practice of granting "instant-citizenship" to children of foreign-nationals who are in the U.S. lacking "lawful presence."
5. The U.S. Congress shall pass a law, and the President shall sign that law, forevermore stopping the red-carpet of expensive "welcoming enticement practices," such as granting social-services to foreign-nationals who are in the country lacking "lawful presence," and to their children as well;
a. Education in U.S. public schools (K-12) is henceforth restricted to children of citizen-taxpayers and foreign-nationals legally in the U.S.
b. Emergency care in U.S. hospitals and medical facilities is henceforth restricted to citizen-taxpayers and members of their families. Lawfully documented legal immigrants and foreign-nationals visiting the U.S. while holding lawful immigration documents are, as in other first-world nations, to be assisted within reasonable limits during their legitimate time here.
c. Affordable housing and the other social-services are restricted to those citizens and legal immigrants specified in paragraph 4.b above.
d. In summary, any person who renders or receives services outside the boundaries specified above commits a felony; the consequences must be severe and swift. If we hedge and molly-coddle and cajole – the hemorrhaging will continue. This is not intended to prevent churches, NGO-NFP groups, and/or 501.c.3 groups from traveling to foreign nations to render service and aid while there – BUT NOT HERE.
6. The U.S. President, and his/her experts – working arm-in-arm WITH the U.S. Congress, is hereby directed to author the first-ever "U.S. National Continuous Infrastructure Improvement and Sustainability Strategic Plan," to be completed and approved no later than Jan 1, 2009. In phase-2 of this action, a corresponding first-ever "U.S. National Continuous Infrastructure Improvement and Sustainability Tactical Plan" will be completed, approved, and included in the "U.S. National Comprehensive Budget Plan" no later than September 1 2010.
The Strategic and Tactical plans must include the top-ten components, pure water, sewers, protect crop growing-fields as "open space," highways, transit, etc, which are crumbling because we set them up to fail. A key part of this critically important set of nested plans is the obvious need for specific limit-to-growth rates.
7. We must avoid any appearance of impropriety in viewing and dealing with any religious group in our nation. That said, any such group that foments or advocates violence of any kind, in thought and/or in deed – particularly against another religion or our nation itself – must be vigorously discouraged and stopped by whatever means necessary. This prohibition includes the support of any such affiliated groups which are functioning in foreign-nations. Enforcement includes, but is not limited to, denial of tax benefits.
8. We must repeat this mantra loud and often; foreign-nationals are NOT U.S. citizen-taxpayers, and thus do not have Constitutional rights while here unlawfully. The benefits and privileges that naturally accrue to U.S. citizens and legal immigrants were never intended to benefit foreign nationals. For example, perhaps in a desire to appear as if we honor cultural-diversity over nation, we used to grant bail-bonds, plea-bargains and guaranteed-discounted mortgages to foreign-nationals who are in our nation lacking "lawful presence." No more! Cultural diversity within the bounds of citizenship!
Our U.S. and state attitudes have drifted so far away from our citizen-taxpayer Bill of Rights, Constitution, and Laws that we have become the laughing-stock of the world. We move toward reinvestment of our laws.
We need the same plan regarding trade deficit balancing, national debt pay-off, climate change mitigation, jobs creation, water management and other challenges facing us.
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
This plan may be tweaked, evolved and enhanced by essentially smart, wise, patriotic and intelligent leaders to fit our current and future realities. Paramount in this endeavor: critical thinking versus emotional or entrenched former paradigms! We seek a viable, sustainable and livable future for all U.S. citizens as well as our fellow creatures.
must lead the world toward a viable, sustainable and livable future
for all humankind.
to Frosty Wooldridge on Tuesdays and Thursdays as he interviews
top national leaders on his radio show “Connecting the Dots” at republicbroadcasting.org
at 6:00 PM Mountain Time. Adjust tuning in to your time zone.
© 2008 Frosty Wooldridge - All Rights Reserved
new book "Immigration's