THE SWORD AND SOVEREIGNTY
Dr. Edwin Vieira, Jr.,
December 17, 2012
Well, Ladies and Gentlemen in the ethereal realm, once again another natural disaster—Hurricane Sandy in this case—has exposed the insouciance, ineptitude, and incompetence of America’s incestuously inbred political class. Not only have these worthies and their minions in all of the self-aggrandizing “homeland-security agencies” proven quite unprepared to protect Americans from the effects of the storm in an adequate and timely manner; but also over the years they have even actively discouraged common Americans from taking the steps to protect themselves that should have been obvious to anyone with an IQ higher than his age. And if a mere hurricane—a type of natural disaster with which Americans have long had experience—striking just one part of this country overtaxes the skills of these “homeland-security experts”, what will transpire when the monetary and banking systems collapse throughout the land?
The answer to this question is, of course, that unmitigated chaos will reign supreme, particularly in urban areas.
The way to deal with that problem is, however, not to blabber about how supposedly “this country is finished” (as all too many disconsolate patriots do)—or to propose such desperate expedients as “secession”, which will not by itself guarantee preparedness, and the possible success of which depends in the first instance upon the most heightened form of preparedness. Rather, the correct recourse is to start revitalizing “the Militia of the several States”, State by State, immediately if not sooner. In which event, this country will be preserved, and appeals to “secession” (and other pie-in-the-sky political panaceas) will be recognized as unnecessary.
As readers of my columns are well aware, I have been urging revitalization of the Militia for many years—and, each and every year, some new catastrophes wrought by Nature or outrages perpetrated by rogue public officials have proven the wisdom of, and the increasingly urgent need for taking, that course of action.
The American people, however, cannot be expected to do what they are not equipped to do. How can Americans revitalize their Militia, when they know next to nothing about the Militia? Well, everyone is familiar with the old saying: “Give a man a fish, and you feed him for that one day. Teach a man to fish, and he can feed himself every day thereafter.” In the spirit of that homespun advice, I have completed a definitive study, entitled The Sword and Sovereignty: The Constitutional Principles of “the Militia of the several States”, which should provide every reader with all of the information requisite to understand the origin of the Militia, their special place under the Declaration of Independence and within the Constitution’s federal system, and why (as the Second Amendment declares) they are “necessary to the security of a free State”. Not optional, but necessary.
Among other topics covered in its 1,944 pages of text, The Sword and Sovereignty explains:
• how the Militia would serve as the ultimate embodiments and instruments of WE THE PEOPLE’S authority under the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution;
• how the Militia would enable to States to enforce federalism through constitutional interposition against rogue agents of the General Government;
• how the Militia would enable a patriotic President of the United States to fulfill his constitutional duty to “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed” against those combinations that now threaten this country’s independence and well-being, but are too powerful to be suppressed through the normal course of honest judicial proceedings;
• how the Militia would expose and punish usurpations of power and mal-administration by rogue and incompetent public officials at every level of the federal system;
• how the Militia would provide the indispensable “checks and balances” against a rogue “standing army” and “military-industrial complex”;
• how the Militia would eliminate all “gun control” that did not specifically promote “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms”;
• how the Militia would put a stop to the present-day rampages of police brutality once and for all, in the most swift, sure, and severe manner possible;
• how the Militia would guarantee the conduct of honest elections; and, last but not least,
• how the Militia would establish in the most expeditious fashion an economically sound and constitutional alternative currency and structure of new free-market prices in anticipation of the inevitable collapse of the Federal Reserve System’s fascistic banking cartel.
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
Time being of the essence, and the costs of printing a first-quality book of this size being what they are, I have arranged for an electronic version of The Sword and Sovereignty to be produced on a CD. The disk contains the full 2,304 pages of introductory material, text, authorities cited in the footnotes, and endnotes in PDF format accessible with Adobe Reader 6.0 (or some later version). This presentation allows for use of the standard PDF search feature, which many people have suggested would be desirable.
The Sword and Sovereignty is now available exclusively through amazon.com.
© 2012 Edwin Vieira, Jr. - All Rights Reserved