ARE WE STILL FREE ON THIS 4th OF JULY?
Dr. Laurie Roth
July 3, 2009
July 4th, 1776, we made it official and signed our Declaration of Independence from the British. The founding fathers signed it that day with other signatures to follow. It was a miracle.
Americans wanted freedom from control and tyranny so badly they risked everything, lives, wealth and safety to have it. So, after a sea of blood and sacrifice our Declaration of Independence was born and a country that would change history in the world, a nation committed to every kind of freedom under God.
As we approach the 4th again and celebrate with friends, let us pause and remember that the firecrackers we may see blowing up around us aren’t just exploding toys but reflective of the real bombs that burst in air to pave the bloody way for a free country to appear and thrive.
Freedom cost more then we can imagine and more than some of us will ever understand.
Do we still have our cherished freedoms?
Yes we do BUT our freedom was not launched into a vacuum and world with no evil. Our miraculous and God given freedom has pierced through the literal darkness of tyranny’s and dictatorships that believe that Government is ONLY controlled by a force and power. Socialism and communism must happen. Capitalism and freedom is in the way.
Even with our own brief history over the last several hundred years we have seen evil forces like communism challenge our laws, congress, schools and very way of life. How could we forget the McCarthy era. The response and feelings against potential communist takeovers in the US weren’t just paranoia and hallucinations back in the 50s. Certainly we saw over reaction but this was born out of real fear and danger.
We saw concern over the risk of communist takeovers clear back to the Truman Doctrine of 1947 and the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC). These groups were charged with identifying “pro-communist” activities or “anti-American” activities. What happens when the un-American activities are happening from the executive branch and congress? Who will watch and correct our Government leaders when they over reach into the private sector, such as with the banking and automotive industry. Who will watch and correct when our Government re assigns the wealth of millions into others hands?
Since the 40s and 50s we have seen the term communism turn practically into a fossil and disappear from our radar of concern? Instead now, we see socialism, globalism and environmentalism assuming the position, spirit and strategies of communism, only pie squared.
For those who have forgotten the dangers of communism (called globalism, socialism, environmentalism and internationalism now) here is a list of communist goals: Recognize anything?
Capture one or both of the political parties in the US.
* Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions, by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
* Infiltrate the press.
* Gain control of key positions in radio, TV and motion pictures.
* Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed, religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a “religious crutch.”
* Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in schools on the grounds that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
* Discredit the American founding fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
* Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of “the big picture.”
* Promote the UN as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government, with its own independent armed forces.
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
The above are just a few of the dozens of goals in communism that is now socialism taking over our country as we speak.
Let us continue to celebrate the 4th of July, our Declaration of Independence and freedom!
© 2009 Dr. Laurie Roth - All Rights Reserved