FOR REVOLUTION: MOBILIZING FOR SOCIAL TRANSFORMATION
May 22, 2011
A child of the revolutionary sixties, I witnessed firsthand the unprecedented social upheaval of that turbulent decade. Especially on college campuses, the counterculture gained momentum as more and more students “turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.” Along with other nations, the U.S. pushed hard for center-left social reform; and its impact was lasting.
Just ask Curtis Bower. Decades later in 1992, Bower was a graduate student at the University of California, Berkeley at a time when the Communist Party of America divided. Upon slipping in undercover to one of their meetings, Bowers learned of a highly developed agenda to infiltrate institutions so that, in the end, American families would be destroyed (via cohabitation, hijacked public education, the feminist movement); businesses would falter (via radical environmentalism); and our culture of religion and morality would collapse (via militant gay rights and hate-crimes legislation).
Back from the Grave
Though the 1992 cast was new, the script was not. In 1921, leading American socialist Norman Thomas gave voice to the plan’s underbelly. “Under the name of liberalism,” he explained, the American people will “adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without knowing how it happened.” Far from crushed, America’s flourishing Communist Party of 1992 honed Thomas’ strategy by exploiting the obliging aftermath of the sixties revolution.
At its core, communism upholds damaging credos of rulers “from the grave” such as Friedrich Nietzsche, Charles Darwin, and Karl Marx, whose notions—“God is dead”; “man is animal” and “lives for the State,” respectively—serve to justify violence. Non-party members, called “useful idiots,” do the dirty work for party elitists and, once used to the full, these socialist “comrades” are likewise rubbed out. Genius strategy, don’t you think?
Bower thought so. Some fifteen years later, as Idaho State Representative, Bower recalled the Berkley meeting and observed that the agenda was advancing, as planned. Over time, both major political parties had moved left of center. Punishing the middle class, expanding racial justice to favor minorities, trumping the U.S. Constitution with international “soft law,” and demanding justice for the planet (ostensibly worthy of human apology and even worship) all had served to advance Thomas’ strategy.
Aware that when a country goes down, others—be it China, Russia, the EU, or radical Islamists — are poised to fill the gap, Bowers further understood that, if America fails economically, she’ll also go down militarily. And this will mark the end of global freedom for a very long time. In letters to newspapers, Representative Bowers sounded the alarm.
Shrouded in Weasel Words
Well-informed Americans get it that communism bears responsibility for more mass murders than the combined number of deaths tallied in all modern wars. This alone renders the term unsavory. In response, savvy strategists work word-craft magic by replacing the Marxist lexicon with kinder, gentler euphemisms, more appropriately called “weasel words.”
As is the case with most small omnivores, weasels are known for cunning. Weasel words share this attribute—e.g., use of “saving the planet” (for earth servitude), “commonism” (for communism), “social justice” (for Cultural Marxism), and “the greater good” (for blatant nepotism).
• “Saving the Planet” (for Earth Servitude)
For example, when big government gains control of the distribution and use of energy, it’s poised to interfere in every aspect of life. Indeed, “environment” comes from a French word meaning “surroundings.” Hence, it speaks to “everythingism”—that is to say, government control of every aspect of life. Rather than expose an underlying power-grab agenda, progressives instead fabricate the more palatable, even noble pretense of “saving the planet.”
• “Commonism” (for Communism) and “the Greater Good” (for Blatant Nepotism)
The love child of global super-capitalism, when mated with old school communism, is popularly called “commonism.” By transforming private intellectual assets and nationally controlled natural resources into the global commons, commonism effectively weds the bourgeoisie and the working proletariat—allegedly for the greater good. More accurately, this formula yields blatant nepotism and begets plutocracy.
• “Social Justice” (for Cultural Marxism)
To commonists, “greedy” Americans are a cancer whose market-directed economies wreak chaos and instability. For the sake of “social justice,” producers must provide for non-producers—from each according to ability, to each according to his work and/or need. Coupled with invasion of privacy and wealth confiscation, commonism handily provides a steppingstone for bureaucratic burdens and regulations that quell rugged individualism and entrepreneurism. In the end, society is none the better for it.
Face of Communism in the 21st Century
Today, the persistent weed of communism springs instinctively from these four stubborn seeds: (1) the Fabian Socialist Society, (2) the Frankfort Schools, (3) Antonio Gramsci, and (4) radical feminism—the first two of which were discussed in Part 1. In review, the Fabian Socialist Society picked up where Karl Marx left off by advancing social reform via evolution versus revolution. Next, a German school that initially consisted of dissident Marxists, the Frankfort School laid claim to public education and the media.
Enter, Antonio Gramsci (January 22, 1891 – April 27, 1937)
Italian writer, politician, political theorist, linguist, philosopher, and atheist, Antonio Gramsci was a founding member and onetime leader of the Communist Party of Italy. Known as a highly original thinker within the Marxist tradition, Gramsci was characterized as the “biggest troublemaker of the world” by, first, creating chaos and, then, stepping in to resolve the problem.
To hasten revolution and thereby shape the destiny of rising generations, Gramsci purposed to infiltrate, sabotage and, then, destroy culture, morality, and religion through his influence in the universities, publications, the arts, entertainment, and churches.
The Gramsci Model for affecting social change is no stranger to the White House. Having worked for Chicago communist Frank Marshall Davis, young Obama conformed himself to the model, as did his predecessor, Bill Clinton. Resulting from the 1992 split of the Communist Party in the USA, Committees of Correspondence, along with its sister organization, the Communist Party, supported Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign.
• Saul Alinsky (January 30, 1909 – June 12, 1972)
A prominent Chicago radical in the 1930s, Saul Alinsky devoted his life to revolution against the American system he deemed oppressive and unjust by mobilizing community organizers to stir up things. Taking the best of Gramsci and the Fabian Socialists, Alinsky packaged his own strategy to destroy capitalism by overloading the system with unsustainable entitlements that accompany open borders.
Having interviewed Alinsky while attending Wellesley, Hillary Rodham wrote her senior thesis on Alinsky’s theories and, after graduating, was offered a job with Alinsky’s new training institute in Chicago. Although he never knew Alinsky personally, Barak Obama likewise became an ardent practitioner of Alinsky’s methodology. According to the Alinsky Model, deception is the most important method to create the world “as it should be.”
Betty Friedan (February 4, 1921 - February 4, 2006)
A staunch supporter of Stalin, Betty Friedan launched the Feminist Movement in America. In 1966 she co-founded and became the first president of the National Organization for Women (NOW). Purportedly to free female victims of male domination, she wrote The Feminist Mystique and, through it, promoted her communist goals.
Unfortunately, once the value of human life is invalidated (e.g., via “choice” campaigns for managed death and selective breeding options), and our moral strength as a nation is lost (by moral relativism and ensuing anarchy), freedom and free enterprise are left to rot in the wake of revolution. No matter. Following the 2006 death of Betty Friedan, Hillary Clinton suggested that we are not victims, but rather “beneficiaries of her vision."
On Election Eve 2008, Barack Obama noted: “We are five days away from fundamentally trans-forming the United States of America.” Thankfully, the true American dream is not over until it’s over—or until the proverbial fat lady sings. Though we’re hopefully not yet at the point of no return, it’s most assuredly late in the day. Armed with conviction that our values are worth upholding, this is our last chance to push back; and it’s not the Republicans or Wall Street who have the answers.
What Must Be Done?
Accept it or not, our only hope is in the God of creation. Nonetheless, our charge as Americans is to pick great leaders who honor our country and, then, hold those leaders accountable. We need dedicated, praying Christians to take the reigns, leaders who esteem and defend national sovereignty and personal freedom.
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
It’s been said that an organized minority will defeat the disorganized majority every time. By mobilizing a fully informed and engaged citizenry, we effectively put legs to our prayers. We must rise above evil and guide our children to do likewise. But, above all, we must humble ourselves, seek God’s face, and turn from our own wicked ways. Each American patriot must commit to be informed, take appropriate action, engage in prevailing prayer, and stand for godly values. Then, and only then, will we hear from the God of Heaven who, in turn, will heal and restore our land. For part one click below.
Click here for part -----> 1,
2. Curtis Bowers. Agenda: Grinding America Down. (Black Hat Films: MMX Copybook Heading Productions LLC, 2010): Curtis Bowers.
3. Norman Thomas Quote.
4. Forty-five destructive goals taken from The Naked Communist (1958) by the late Willard Cleon Skousen, an American author, conservative American Constitutionalist, and faith-based political theorist:
• U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
• U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
• Illusion that total disarmament by the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
• Free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
• Long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
• American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
• Recognition of Red China and her admission to the U.N.
• Set up East- and West- Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
• Conferences to ban atomic tests so the United States suspends tests while negotiations are in progress.
• All Soviet satellites given individual representation in the U.N.
• The U.N. offered as the only hope for mankind. (If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces.)
• Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
• Do away with all loyalty oaths.
• Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
• Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
• Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
• Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
• Gain control of all student newspapers.
• Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations under Communist attack.
• Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
• Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
• Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression; "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings; substitute shapeless, awkward, and meaningless forms."
• Control art critics and directors of art museums.
• Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
• Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
• Present homosexuality, degeneracy, and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy.”
• Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."
• Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
• Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
• Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
• Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
• Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture—education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
• Eliminate all laws or procedures that interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
• Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
• Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
• Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
• Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
• Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders that no one but psychiatrists can understand or treat.
• Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
• Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity, masturbation, and easy divorce.
• Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
• Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use "united force" to solve economic, political, or social problems.
• Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
• Internationalize the Panama Canal.
• Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike.
5. Jim Wallis.
6. Antonio Gramsci.
7. Curtis Bowers. Agenda: Grinding America Down. (Black Hat Films: MMX Copybook Heading Productions LLC, 2010): Curtis Bowers.
8. Saul Alinsky. Rules for Radicals. (New York: Vintage Books, 1971).
9. A Guide to the Political Left.
10. 2 Chronicles 7:14—“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
11. James 1:22—“But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”