BOB BARR OR CHUCK BALDWIN?
By Mary Starrett
July 1, 2008
Being For the Constitution SOME of the Time And Not All Of The Time Is Like Being ‘A Little Bit Pregnant’
Bob Barr, former Republican Congressman and US Attorney and now the Libertarian Party candidate for president has held many positions that constitutionalists can agree with. Many see Barr as the natural movement forward of the Ron Paul campaign, but even the most cursory examination of Bob Barr’s past political positions show he doesn’t pass the smell test.
In other words, you can’t be for adherence to the Constitution some of the time and against it some of the time, as we shall see Bob Barr clearly is.
Close enough is not close enough at all when it comes to our civil liberties and the rights guaranteed in the founding documents.
Constitution Party presidential candidate Chuck Baldwin (www.Baldwin2008.com) believes the US Constitution was then and is now designed to tie down the tentacles of the Federal government and that any and all powers given to the Federal government are clearly outlined in and limited by that document.
Bob Barr has not held fast to that single absolute and that is why you should know there is a very large distinction between Barr and Baldwin.
• Barr is in favor of an interventionist foreign policy, arguing for intervention in Iran and South America, among other countries. Barr voted for the Iraq war. He praised Bush because "the surge is working." Chuck Baldwin believes, as our Founders did, that we should be a friend to all and avoid ‘foreign entanglements’. Baldwin has stated that if elected he would see to it that those who have been sent to fight the illegal, unconstitutional and immoral wars in Iraq and Afghanistan would receive orders to return home immediately.
• Barr voted for the Patriot Act, and favored reauthorization of that liberty-robbing set of laws. Chuck Baldwin has always stood against the Patriot Act as an unconstitutional power grab by the executive branch.
• Barr favors a national sales tax. Chuck Baldwin contends that does not reform our tax system, it merely re-orders the heavy-handed manner the IRS controls the illegal and unfair robbing of Peter to subsidize Paul.
• He’s held an advisory position with the ACLU- a group which has worked tirelessly to push anti- Christian and anti- free speech agendas
• While Bob Barr has publicly, at times, supported pro-life groups, sadly, in his private life, according to his ex wife, Barr encouraged the abortion of their child.
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
• Chuck Baldwin has been a vocal and steadfast defender of the sanctity of life- publicly and privately.
Bob Barr is no Chuck Baldwin and that is why in November it behooves liberty-minded Americans to vote for the Constitution and vote for the Constitution Party candidate Chuck Baldwin.
© 2008 Mary Starrett - All Rights Reserved