January 31, 2013
People believe the most extravagant things about the current occupier of the White House. Newsweek and Jamie Foxx think he’s Jesus Christ. What’s a little blasphemy, more or less? But not all the nonsense is so flattering.
In the past few days, I’ve been told stories that raise this Marxist pipsqueak to the level of Paul Bunyan or Theseus, only evil. Here are a few the most fantastic of them.
• Obama has sent out roving “death squads” to assassinate Second Amendment advocates and other political foes. The body count has reached into the thousands.
• He has poisoned America’s food supply with a special virus that makes people unable to resist the flu, with lethal results. The body count is in the thousands.
• In a few weeks, after purposely collapsing the U.S. economy, he’s going to declare martial law and make himself dictator for life.
• He is currently planning to invite the Chinese Army to invade America, to help him confiscate everybody’s guns.
• He is systematically purging the armed forces of all officers who will not agree to fire on American citizens when he gives the word. The fact that we have not heard scores of officers screaming in protest only goes to show they’re all afraid he’ll have them bumped off if they go public. Not a single one of them is brave enough to defy him.
These are fantastic scenarios worthy of a Sinbad story; and yet there are people who believe in them. This may have the effect of distracting them from the man’s real offenses, which are out in the open for everyone to see. Here are a few of the more egregious of them.
• As chief executive, he has openly refused to enforce the laws of the United States—most notably, our immigration laws, various laws that protect the integrity of our elections, and the Defense of Marriage Act. This alone is ample grounds for impeachment: at the very least, a strong and highly public censure.
• His foreign policy looks like it’s aimed at setting up a solid wall of Islamic jihad states from the Atlantic Ocean to the Indus River, posing an existential threat to long-time American allies, like Israel, India, and Jordan, and generally destabilizing the whole world. This is very dangerous folly.
• We still don’t know what happened in Benghazi last September 11, or why it happened. But there is strong suspicion that our ambassador to Libya was murdered while illegally running guns to jihadist rebels in Syria—by order of the president. Another impeachable offense.
• There is much evidence that the president’s re-election was accomplished by a liberal use of voter fraud. This must be investigated.
• He has knowingly made unconstitutional recess appointments, allowing much mischief to be done. We now have a year’s worth of administrative actions that were invalid and must somehow be undone. A president must not be allowed to indulge in vandalism.
This is a cornucopia of crime, but that’s not the whole picture. What about actions that are not crimes, but certainly amount to idiocy? Obamacare; the non-stop orgy of spending; the incessant use of inflammatory rhetoric to stroke the fires of racial animosity and class warfare; lying as the first resort in any situation; his incontinent use of public money for his own personal recreation and entertainment—these are not impeachable offenses, but they are offenses.
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
This man does not need to perform superhuman feats of sedition, crime, and villainy to justify expelling him from public office. The things he has actually done are more than enough to condemn him. He couldn’t have done any of them without the help of compliant Democrats in Congress, who seem devoted to transforming our republic into Venezuela North, and stupid, flaccid, timorous Republicans, and a “news” media that has forgotten everything it ever knew about ethics and journalistic practice. He’s had plenty of help, all right. But his is the smirking face we’re forced to look at every time we turn on the TV or visit a news page on the web, and his is the name that will appear on the articles of impeachment. These should have been filed quite some time ago; but better late than never.
In the meantime, nothing of value can come of chasing lurid stories that make the man out to be Dr. Fu Manchu, Professor Moriarity, and The Joker all rolled into one.
Let’s stay focused on the real stuff, shall we?
� 2013 Lee Duigon - All Rights Reserved
Lee Duigon, a contributing editor with the Chalcedon Foundation, is a former newspaper reporter and editor, small businessman, teacher, and horror novelist. He has been married to his wife, Patricia, for 34 years. See his new fantasy/adventure novels, Bell Mountain and The Cellar Beneath the Cellar, available on www.amazon.com