November 16, 2012
a drag it is getting old.
"Things are different today,"
"I hear ev'ry mother say
"Mother needs something today to calm her down
"And though she's not really ill
"There's a little yellow pill
"She goes running for the shelter of her mother's little helper
"And it helps her on her way, gets her through her busy day." Rolling Stones hit recording, Mother's Little Helper
mother 'killed her two babies by throwing them against the wall'.
20-year old mother. 3- year old now a ward of the state. One bun in the
oven and two toddlers dead. "Sgt. Kirk Coleman told KPRC: 'She was
irritated with the crying and all that stuff. They got to her and she
said she just couldn't handle it.'
• Mother shot her four teenage children 18 times at close range with revolver and reloaded three times before turning gun on herself, autopsy report reveals.
• A man accused of beating his girlfriend's 2-year-old boy to death because he wouldn't eat his dinner has turned himself in, police announced Friday.
• 'This child was horribly murdered': Police find bones believed to be boy, 10, who was starved to death by his parents and dumped in creek. That child was brutally tortured before his "parents" dumped him like garbage.
• D'Andre Lane found guilty of murder in death of 2-year-old daughter Bianca Jones. That animal beat a precious two year old with a cudgel over potty training.
• Father found guilty of beating 10-year-old stepson to death with rolling pin after he fell behind on homework
• Mother, 23, 'shot son, 3, drowned her daughter, 4, and then took a bus to hospital as she had a headache'
mother was drunk when she shot and killed 4 kids, self
• IT expert slashed throats of son, 4, and daughter, 2, after killing wife and mother-in-law in frenzied attack sparked by row over bounced check
• Father 'killed young sons, aged five and one, in revenge against his wife who left him because he was sleeping with prostitutes'
• Man methodically strangled FOUR children to stop them testifying against him after he murdered their mother... then stacked their bodies in a bathtub
• Shooting dead two young brothers in drug deal is caught after raping 13-year-old girl'
• Nine-month-old dies after 'babysitters injected his 17lb body with heroin and cocaine to his feet and hands'
• Every rib visible and tied to her SpongeBob SquarePants bed with a jump rope: Jury hears how 18lb girl, 4, 'was starved, beaten and drugged to death by her mother'. "The girl's mother, Carlotta Brett Pierce, is on trial in Brooklyn, New York for her murder, while her grandmother, Loretta Brett, has been charged with manslaughter for failing to prevent the death."
• Murderer who raped 10-year-old girl before killing her and her mother in 'horrific Las Vegas crime scene' on the loose
• Mother, 20, faces life in prison after giving secretly giving birth, stabbing baby girl to death and hiding body in closet
• Man who abducted, raped and murdered girl, 8, on way home from school found GUILTY after breaking 16 of her bones and taking a hammer to her face
• Girl, 16, 'battered to death before being slung in a dumpster by her mother's former boyfriend'
• Boyfriend 'killed his ex-girlfriend and then burned their baby boy, one, to death in home after she filed for child support'
accused of killing his wife and three children as they sat in SUV
• 'I made Leiby a tuna sandwich... and then I smothered him': In his own words, 'Butcher of Brooklyn' reveals how he murdered and chopped up eight-year-old boy.
• Bus driver hacked stepdaughter, 12, to death by stabbing her 40 times with sword in frustration at arranged marriage to girl's mother
• Father arrested after 3 daughters found dead in Wisconsin home. The children ages 5, 8 & 11 didn't want to meet with the murderer during a surprise visit, so he slit their throats.
• Police arrest drug-dealer, 47, who was 'Facebook friend' of 15-year-girl girl found dead in lake with weights tied to her body
• Tragic father kills his wife and two young children before burning his house to the ground and committing suicide
• Mom accused of poisoning 2 kids to get back at cheating husband. "Lisette Bamenga, 29, who works as a teacher at PS 58 in Brooklyn, poisoned her two children, Trevor Jr. and Liliane, ages 5 and 4 months, by making them drink a mixture of juice and de-icing fluid."
• Boy, six, who was killed by home invader was trying to stop attacker high on marijuana from 'raping his sister'
• Neighbours turn away three bleeding kids from their doorstep frantically trying to escape from their crazed mother who later killed them in a shooting rampage. The "mother" finally shot all four of her children.
• Mother, 25, 'drowned her 15-month-old son in the bathtub' after break up from his father
• Stepfather 'handcuffs 9-year-old girl to radiator and cuts her with a machete because she's not his biological child' -"Cell phone activity led officers to Williams, his wife and the rest of their children, at a nearby gas station. The family were planning on skipping town while the nine-year-old girl was in hospital, police said."
• Tragic last text of teen girlfriend before he and his mother were shot dead by stepfather. Another case of domestic abuse. The stepfather killed himself after he executed a 15-year old boy and his mom.
• Mother kills her two young sons then hangs herself in murder-suicide'. Two sweet little boys, nine and five.
As with my column, The Killing Fields of America, I can't list all the murders. For Killing Fields, I simply deleted the 216 items I stored, but couldn't fit into the column. For this column, I collected and saved 188 individual news items about the epidemic of yearly child killings in America's killing fields. As you can see, I couldn't fit all of them into this column. This type of research is very painful. I collect items for a couple months and then when I do the column, I have to read them. Dozens and dozens are news items about a mother pushing her child down the stairs as punishment or throwing her child up against the wall until dead. Parents tying their child to a tree for days with no food or water until he dies. Mother, father, boyfriend burning a toddler for a dirty diaper. You name it, I've read accounts of truly horrific murders, one after the other.
As you can see most of the ones above are parents killing their children; father or mother. Some are stranger killings. Any murder of a human being is a mortal sin, but, children, it tears you up.
The question is Why?
Uncontrollable rage is one factor defense attorneys try to sell a jury. I'm not buying. It's about knowing right from wrong. Killing your girl friend's baby over child support, killing your wife and children over a bounced check or poisoning two little children over a break up is all about committing the most egregious sin on this earth: murder. They know right from wrong, but they kill anyway. It's not a sin, it's revenge. It's not a sin, they're depressed. Yes, there are a few cases where the killer is medically insane, but those are far and few in between.
One thing that runs through almost every single one of the mother killing their children - regardless of age - is depression or postpartum depression. I don't buy being depressed as an excuse to slit your child's throat or drown him or her in the bathtub. You know, my mother is 85 years old. I have several email pen pals in their late 70s and early 80s. I'm always asking them about "the way things used to be". I'm not a doctor, but here's my observation which I touched on in Killing Fields: too many Americans are unable to cope with life as did my mother, my grandma and hundreds of millions of Americans over the centuries because they have become dependent upon mother government to solve their problems instead of dealing with the trials and challenges of life as an adult.
Women did not kill their infants because they were depressed after giving birth. I'm a mom and never, ever could I even imagine killing my beautiful daughter. Yes, women's hormonal balance does go wacky both during and after your little angel is born, but there are natural remedies to take care of that instead of deadly cocktails (pills) as well as support from family. Every year far too many precious children are murdered by mothers with the justification being postpartum depression, martial discord or their brains are fried from drugs. But, how come we didn't see this mass slaughter of babies, infants and teens by mothers and/or fathers until the last few decades?
For the past couple of decades, the boob tube has been saturated with nothing but commercials about pills to help you "feel better". Clever marketing reaping billions and billions for pharmaceutical companies every year. How come in my mother and grandma's generation, men and women didn't run to the doctor to get loaded up on pills to get through the day? Back then families were larger; in mine, there are five kids. Mother, being a tough Sicilian said "we" didn't run to the doctor over every little thing the baby did, like crying until you wanted to cry. There was life to deal with and you did, not take pills. You sure as hell didn't put an infant in a microwave or dryer to "shut the kid up". Father's didn't shoot their own flesh and blood because they no longer loved the wife and felt depressed.
I want you to go look at this list of the six most "popular" anti-depressant drugs (Prozac, Luvox, Ritalin, Paxil, Zanax, Lexapro), the side effects and then come back here. People really need to look at what those pills do to a human body. Take a pill for depression which causes suicidal thoughts, violence or aggression. Insane. What's so frightening is the number of people on them - some 25 MILLION - including children and teens!
"Fears of overprescribing have also centered on young people — particularly given data suggesting that some of the medications can increase suicide risk among teens — but researchers found that only 2.8% of boys and 4.6% of girls ages 12 to 17 took antidepressants. According to an analysis of data from the National Household Survey on Drug Use and Health in 2005, about 9% of teens in that age group had experienced a major depressive episode in the previous year...
"Perhaps the most concerning finding in the CDC report is that people who take antidepressants are taking them long term. About 60% of people had taken the medications for two years or longer, and 14% had taken antidepressants for more than a decade. On its face, that sounds scary, but since depression can be a chronic disorder, and since research shows that maintenance on antidepressants cuts the risk of relapse in half, long-term use can be appropriate. However, as with the vast majority of medications, there is not much research on long-term effects of the drugs and, clearly, such study is needed here."
“We've seen a marked increase in antidepressant use among individuals with no psychiatric diagnosis. Nearly four out of every five antidepressant prescriptions are written by non-psychiatrist providers,” said Ramin Mojtabai, MD, PhD, MPH, lead author of the study and an associate professor with the Bloomberg School's Department of Mental Health. “Between 1996 and 2007, the number of visits where individuals were prescribed antidepressants with no psychiatric diagnoses increased from 59.5 percent to 72.7 percent and the share of providers who prescribed antidepressants without a concurrent psychiatric diagnosis increased from 30 percent of all non-psychiatrist physicians in 1996 to 55.4 percent in 2007.”
"As these new CDC data show, 11 percent of Americans aged 12 and older (3.7 percent of youth between 12 and 17) report taking antidepressants. Last year, antidepressants were the second most commonly prescribed medications, right after drugs to lower cholesterol. About 254 million prescriptions were written for them, resulting in nearly $10 billion in costs.
"Antidepressants are approved for the treatment of certain mood and anxiety disorders. These disorders are common. Depression affected 6.4 percent of adults in the U.S. in 2008, and about 4 percent of 8-15 -year-olds. Anxiety disorders (including obsessive compulsive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and phobias) affect about 18 percent of the adult population in a given year. Although depression and anxiety disorders are the primary indications for prescribing antidepressants, doctors have prescribed these medications, generally “off-label,” to treat chronic pain, menstrual symptoms, low energy, and other maladies, with or without accompanying depressive or anxiety symptoms. However, we do not know how many of these prescriptions are actually taken after they are prescribed."
I am convinced the break up of the family, mother and father divorced, lack of families living close to each other instead of scattered around the country and a true relationship with God are the reasons we see so much of what is cited above. Weak of character, spiritually empty. The trauma of divorce we know affects everyone, not just the parents. In "the old days", families lived close by and were there to give support during a crisis like divorce or death of a spouse. Help out the new mom in the family. The poison of globalization destroying eight million good paying full time jobs, the deliberate destruction of family owned farms and killing off our industrial base has forced families to move wherever they can get work. Usually the big metropolitan cities where people feel isolated, lost and family a thousand miles away. Women turning their babies over to strangers after six weeks of maternity leave because they have to go back to work to pay the tax man, not to give their children a better life.
It is a complicated tragedy, but not if people understand why.
Too many women let monsters into their homes, giving sexual predators access to their children, male or female. They do it for extra income into the household and/or loneliness. Because of the corrosion of our society, today, smart women and men go on line to see if the person they are going to date has a felony record and anything else they can find out - like being a registered sex offender.
Today's children are tomorrow's society and look at the condition of our society. Millions of precious children never stand a chance with one or both parents boozing it up on a regular basis or doing those "victimless" drugs like pot, cocaine, heroin, meth or prescription pills. Why are Americans now so dependent on chemical crutches? I believe because they are spiritually bankrupt and as I said above, the break-up of the Biblical family: a mother and father. Not to mention addiction.
There are things we can all do to help our families whether they live close or not. First: domestic violence is NEVER okay. If you know someone, man or woman who is a victim, family or not, talk to them. Let them know there are safe places for them. If not at your house or another family member, then you will help them through local resources. They are there, you just need to contact your local police department and ask for help. Don't wait until it's your sister or mother or cousin with a bullet hole in the brain because a restraining order didn't work. A friend doesn't let a friend be a punching bag for some beast on a rage.
Those drugs I covered above are dangerous in my opinion. I don't care how big a case of the blues I might get for a day or two, I would never, ever put one in my mouth. I also know from research, they are addicting and a person can't just stop taking them. It's a weaning off process that takes a toll on a person, but with the love and support of family, the right food to feed your mind and body and prayers, a person can get off them, stay off them and gradually begin to really live again. But, it takes time, patience and determination.
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
Have we all become too busy to be families? Real families who pitch in and help those in need instead of leaving someone at the mercy of doctors who continue to prescribe triple digit millions of prescriptions that destroy the mind and body? Have we become so busy that we ignore the pain in a family member's voice on the phone, local or six states away? Then, when it's too late, carry the baggage of guilt around because you didn't do something to help? The people of America will never be healed by mother government, state or federal. It's mom and dad, it's family and it is prayer asking our Heavenly Father to heal our souls and give us the strength to once again become a moral nation instead of killing fields.
The Killing Fields of America
2- Mom and Dad, R.I.P.
3- The Illusion of No-Fault Divorce and The Rise of the American Divorce Industry
4- The Lie of Easy (No Fault) Divorce
5- Popular antidepressants may raise stroke risk
© 2010 - NewsWithViews.com - All Rights Reserved
Devvy Kidd authored the booklets, Why A Bankrupt America and Blind Loyalty; 2 million copies sold. Devvy appears on radio shows all over the country. She left the Republican Party in 1996 and has been an independent voter ever since. Devvy isn't left, right or in the middle; she is a constitutionalist who believes in the supreme law of the land, not some political party.
Devvy's regularly posted new columns are on her site at: www.devvy.com. You can also sign up for her free email alerts.
E-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org