GEORGE BUSH - THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS?
It is just about impossible to predict what will happen when we fool around with evil, except for the certainty that it will always be bad. Evil is still evil no matter if it is lesser, greater, or just plain old evil.
Many of us held our noses and voted for George Bush, even though we knew the "compassionate conservative" talk was meaningless drivel. Why would we do something so stupid as to vote for a man we did not believe in, you ask? Because we lulled ourselves into thinking we could actually outsmart the one-party power brokers by voting for a "lesser evil" than Al Gore.
What we failed to realize was that we were playing in their game by their rules - and the fix was in from the beginning! Did we really think they were going to let us vote for a candidate who even had a clue?
I never thought I would find myself longing for the days of Bill Clinton. Sure, he was a pathological liar who laughed at the rule of law. But everyone knew that, so we kept an eye on him. Why is it that when the current occupant of the White House shows a similar inability to deal truthfully with the American people, we let him get away with it just because he calls himself a Republican and a Christian?
Clinton was impeached for lying to a federal judge. George Bush tells enough Iraqi WMD tales to fill a book, gets thousands of people killed in an undeclared war that he started - yet "conservatives" continue to show up at his $1,000 a plate fundraisers. (Or as the bumper sticker says, "Your proctologist called. He found your head.")
When we consider the huge expansion of the federal government, along with the large chunks of freedom we have lost in just three years of Bush, we can only conclude that our real enemy is not some shady foreign terrorist organization, but our very own government!
This blind loyalty to George Bush has more in common with an infectious disease than it does an actual thought process!
A few of the Bush highlights:
1. 4,000,000 American children have been murdered in the Abortion holocaust since the Bush inauguration. Aside from signing a meaningless abortion ban, he has not lifted a finger to stop a single one of them. He has even refused to direct his own employees in the FDA to ban the chemical weapon called RU-486.
2. His "intelligence" minions brought 75 US Senators together just before the infamous October 2002 "war vote," and (according to Florida Sen. Bill Nelson) told them a traitorous lie - that Iraq had a fleet of boats ready to launch WMD spraying drones against our East Coast.
3. In early 2003 our president told us we were in danger of a sudden, imminent attack by Iraq, which justified a pre-emptive invasion. It turns out he planned the whole "war" within days of getting sworn into office.
4. Bush pushed through the freedom killing "Patriot" Act and the Homeland "Security" Act. There was enough poison slipped into these acts such that any one of us can be accused of breaking the law without ever knowing what we did wrong. (That may be just the point!)
5. Bush (with a little help from the "conservative" Republicans) cranked through double digit spending increases, $500 billion deficits, and signed every unconstitutional (and therefore illegal) piece of legislation that came across his desk.
6. Led us down the path to socialized medicine with hundreds of billions committed to "free" prescription drugs.
7. He borrowed money from our grandkids to pay for a phony tax cut.
8. Sat by and did nothing while the federal courts launched a full-frontal assault against the Constitution.
9. Has taken the prestige of the U.S. and tossed it away by turning our military into his personal empire building force.
10. In an attempt to buy the Hispanic vote, he would willingly destroy what is left of our borders.
It seems the enemy has sneaked into our camp and is tearing up the place! The key question at this point is whether our Republic can survive another five years of this onslaught.
Elected officials who subvert the Constitution are criminals, plain and simple. They have betrayed their country and it is time to hold them accountable. We need to kick them out of office and send them off to jail.
It probably sounds a little naive to even suggest that we have any recourse against the traitors that have taken over our country. But we do! Sure, the system is rigged. But that does not mean our only choice is between George Bush and whichever delusional imbecile manages to ooze out of the Democratic primary. No one can force us to give them our vote.
Is turning our country around going to be easy? No, not at all. Is it even possible to find enough honest politicians to make a difference? Well, let's just say it does not look good. And even if we find them, we are a long way from getting this straightened out.
But since the failure of voting the "lesser of two evils" is virtually guaranteed, it is time for us to stand up for what is right, regardless of the consequences and …
Just say NO to lawbreaking politicians!
© 2004 David Brownlow
- All Rights Reserved
Dave Brownlow, an engineer, has been designing and selling industrial automation control systems since 1979. He lives in Clackamas OR with his wife Suzanne and their four children. Active in the pro-life movement and conservative politics for over 20 years, David ran for US Congress in the 3rd District of Oregon in 2002 on the Constitution Party ticket. He has announced his plans to run again in 2004. His Web-Site www.davebrownlow.com E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
"What we failed to realize was that we were playing in their game by their rules - and the fix was in from the beginning! Did we really think they were going to let us vote for a candidate who even had a clue?"